Increasing signal range for remote triggering
A few tips to increasing the signal range for remote camera triggering.
- Select a channel based on the RF Noise indicator, and the Remote Camera Detector.
- After selecting the best channel, use the PING button to make sure your remotes are within signal range and responding. Press and hold the PING button and a green circle will appear around the zones you are using. If they are near the limits of the range or in high noise area, the circle around the zone letter will turn yellow or red.
- When using a PocketWizard radio unit, use the latest E Release software version radio units such as the Plus IIIe and the Plus IVe. With this software you will have 80 channels to choose from using RxLR and LR modes
- Always have the most up to date firmware installed into you PocketWizard device.
- Make sure you have the most clear line of sight to the receiving unit as possible
- Keep clear from electrical conduit and power lines
- Avoid setting up the transmitter or receiver near metal structures and supports, bodies of water, and using close to ground level
*To learn more about the PocketWizard E Release software visit the PocketWizard Wiki E Release page.