Connecting & using two flash brands
Selecting flash brands
- Start in the Zone Control Display and swipe from bottom to top on the touchscreen.
- Then use the command ring dial to scroll to the Brand icon and tap on it.
- Here is where you will select your flash brands. You can use your finger to scroll through the brand names, or tap on 1st, or 2nd, and use the command ring dial to scroll through the brand names.
- Once you have your selections made, tap on ✓
Selecting your channel
- You will need to use the same Channel for all your remote flashes. The strobe brand with the least number of channels available will dictate the available channels for both brands. In this case Buff has channels 1-16 to choose from.
- Your PocketWizard devices would need to be set to the same Channel number as the Buff flashes.
- When selecting your channel, be sure to select a channel based on the RF Noise Indicator. The more green in the RF noise level bar the better the signal.
- If the RF noise level bar shows Yellow or Red, you should switch to a channel with more green. Yellow and Red indicators show more RF noise, and your signal quality will be dramatically reduced.
- Once you have made your channel selection, press ✓
- Then press the Back button on the right side of the Raven to return to the Zone Control Display
Selecting and adjusting your power settings
- To adjust the power level, quickly tap the zone letter on the touchscreen so the zone letter is highlighted
- Then rotate the command ring dial to make your power level adjustment.
- Once you have set your zones and power levels for Buff, you can now set your Wizard zones and power levels by repeating the steps above.
At this point you are now ready to start shooting with both brands of flashes. If you need to make quick changes to your channel, you can use the Quick Setting screen.
- From the Zone Control Display, swipe from the top to bottom of the touchscreen.
- Then tap on Channel Selector icon
- Change your channel based on the RF Noise Indicator and tap✓ when finished.