Using PING test
Using PING test
- Start by setting up and mounting all your remote cameras in position.
- Now, from the position you will be taking pictures from, set up the Raven as a transmitter. From the Zone Control Display, swipe from the right to the left side of the touchscreen.
- In the Camera Trigging Screen, tap on the Master icon.
- This brings you to the Zone Selection screen where you will see the PING icon. From the position you will be taking pictures from, tap and hold the PING icon on the touchscreen.
- The Raven shows all the letter zones set into your receiver unit that have good signal strength with a Green circle around them.
- However, if any of the letter zones have a Yellow or Red circle around them, the signal strength is very poor and it is highly recommended you choose a different channel using the RF Noise Detector.
- If the PING test was successful with Green circles, you can begin to take pictures
Selecting a channel
- If you need to select a new channel based on a poor PING test, from the Zone Selection screen, swipe from the top to the bottom of the touchscreen.
- Next, tap on the Channel Selection Icon
- In the Channel Selection screen use the RF Noise Indicator to choose a channel with the least amount of RF Noise, or the most amount of Green in the noise level bar.
- While checking the amounts for RF noise on each channel, also look to see if another Raven or PocketWizard device is set to the same channel by using the Remote Camera Detector.
- Lastly, you should always check to make sure you have direct line of sight from your shooting position to your remote location whenever possible.