Initial Setup of Your Raven
Before you begin to use your Raven for taking pictures, we highly suggest considering setting up some basic features first.
- Clock Settings - Stores the current date and time of the time zone you are in.
- Power Off - Sets the amount of time when the Raven will automatically power down with no activity.
- Sound - This allows you to pick and choose the various sounds and the amount of volume
- Brightness - You can choose the exact brightness of the OLED touchscreen, or you can choose Auto and let the Raven automatically adjust it for you based on the ambient light environment.
- Display Units - Choose how your power level amounts are displayed, .01 stops, .03 stops, or 1/1 fractions
- Control Mode - You select how much control you have when using the Raven. Sync only, the very basic triggering of strobes. Manual + Sync, give you manual control of strobe power level settings. Full Control, where you have all the features of the Raven enabled. To learn more about Control Mode click here
- Start by pressing the Back/Home button or the Test button for 1 second then release.
- Wait for the Raven to fully power up to the Zone Control Display
- From the Zone Control Display, use your finger to swipe from the bottom to the top of the touchscreen.
- This will bring you to the Settings Carousel screens.
- Use the command ring dial to scroll to “Settings” and tap on it.
- Again, use the command ring dial to scroll to “Clock Settings” and tap on it.
- Here you enter the current time and press ✓ when finished
- Next enter the current date and press ✓when finished.
- This brings you back to the Settings Carousel screens
- Use the command ring dial to scroll to “Power Off” and tap on it.
- Here you can select the amount of time with no activity in which the Raven will power down
- Scroll through the options and tap ✓ to make your selection
- Again, this brings you back to the Settings Carousel screens.
- Use the command ring dial to scroll to “Sound” and tap on it.
- Scroll through all the options and decide which you would like to hear and the amount of volume, tap on ✓ when finished with each option
- Now scroll to “Brightness” and tap on it.
- Scroll to the brightness level that works for you, or tap on “Auto” and tap ✓ to confirm your selection
- Next scroll to “Display Units” and tap on it
- Here you can select the power level display unit that works best for your needs and tap on ✓ to make your selection
- Press the Back/Home button once
- Now scroll to “Control Mode” and tap on it
- Select the option that best suits your needs for your photoshoot and tap ✓ to confirm your selection
- Finally, press the Back/Home button once to return to the Zone Control Display, and to begin taking pictures.
*WiFi firmware updates from the cloud has very detailed instructions, far more than can fit on this page. To set up WiFi firmware updates, please click here
*For step-by-step instructions on how to set up the Raven for use with strobes, please click on the strobe brand.