Setting up Profoto flashes to the Raven
For setup with the Raven
- To set up your Raven to trigger Profoto lighting equipment, start from the Zone Control Display and swipe from bottom to top of the touchscreen.
- Then rotate the command ring dial to the Brand icon and tap on it.
- Scroll through the 1st column using the command ring dial until Profoto is in the white space, then press ✓
- Now you can select the channel based on the least amount of RF noise available (most green in the RF noise level bar), and press ✓. Be sure to set the same channel into your Profoto lighting equipment.
- Press Back/Home button to return to Zone Control Display.
*Not all Profoto strobe models have the same number of channels. Some models have only 8 channel to choose from, while others have 20 channels. Click here to see a list of Profoto lighting equipment channel options
*Only 3 zones (A, B, and C) are available for use with TTL mode. Profoto does not allow for mixing of both Manual and TTL, set in different zones, at the same time.
*The following Profoto flashes are unable to do TTL with the Raven, the B4 Air, D1 Air, D4 Air, and Pro-8 Air.
Selecting Profoto strobe model
Profoto strobes only have a one-way communication using the 2.4GHz frequency, the Raven does not know which model of Profoto strobes you are using, as well as the maximum and minimum power level. Because of this, it is necessary to select the model of strobe you are using in each Raven zone.
- To select the Profoto strobe model, start by tap the touchscreen inside the zone you want to start with.
- When the zone is selected the zone letter will be highlighted.
- Next tap on the Zone Mode Selector icon
- Then tap on the Manual icon
- Now you will see a list of Profoto strobe models. Using the command ring dial, scroll thru until you see your model.
- If you are using the 500ws version of the D2 model, you will need to select the B1/B1X since that model is a dedicated 500ws model.
- Tap on the ✓ to make your selection
- Repeat these steps to select the Profoto strobe model for the remaining zones.