Setting up WiFi firmware updates
First you will need to connect your Raven to a Wifi network. For most Raven users, this is only needed on initial setup. Once the Wifi is connected to a network, checking for updates in the future is just one push of a button from the Quick Settings Screen
The A icon allows you to choose the type of character in your password. Uppercase, lowercase, a number, or symbol.
The B icon allows you to delete the previous character
The C icon allows you to select the character you have scrolled to and advance to the next character in your password
The D icon allows you to backup to delete a specific character, or add in another character
*Do not tap on this icon until all of the characters in your password have been entered
Connecting to Wifi
- To enter your Wifi information, from the Zone Control Display screen swipe bottom to top on the touchscreen.
- Then rotate the command ring dial until you see Settings icon and tap on it.
- Now rotate the command ring dial until you see Wifi icon and tap on that.
- This will begin the Wifi scanning process. Once that is complete, a list of all 2.4 GHz Wifi network names will appear.
- Scroll through the list and select your Wifi network, tap ✓
- Here you will enter your Wifi password.
- Press the A button, or tap on A on the touch screen, to select uppercase, lowercase, number, or symbol.
- Use the command ring dial to rotate through the letters, numbers, or symbols. You can use the touchscreen as well.
- Press the C button or tap on C on the touchscreen to enter that character. *Do not press the C button or tap on the C icon on the touchscreen for your last character of your password.
- If you need to edit your character selections, press the D button to go back to an earlier entry to edit your selection. Then use the B button, or tap B on the touchscreen, to delete that character entry.
- When finished entering your Wifi password tap on ✓ to connect to your Wifi network.
- When connected press the Back/Home button to return to the Zone Control Display.
- From the Zone Control Display swipe top to bottom on the touchscreen.
- Then tap on the cloud updating icon .
- The Raven will then search the cloud to see if any updates are available.
- If there is an update available it will say Downloading Now, or tell you if you are up to date.
- When done downloading, it will ask to "Update Now?", tap on ✓ to proceed.
- The majority of the updates will take less than the stated 8min.
- During the updates you might see several progress bars, 1-5, 2-5, etc.
- Once completed, the Raven will return to the Zone Control Display.
*Your Raven must have at least 25% battery to update firmware