Updating Raven firmware with cloud update
Raven firmware is easily updated using the built-in cloud-update feature.
First you will need to connect your Raven to a Wifi network. For most Raven users, this is only needed on initial setup. Once the Wifi is connected to a network, checking for updates in the future is just one push of a button from the Quick Settings Screen
Connecting to Wifi
- To enter your Wifi information, swipe bottom to top on the home screen.
- Then rotate the dial until you see Settings and tap on that.
- Then rotate the dial until you see Wifi and tap on that.
- This will begin the Wifi scanning process. Once that is complete, a list of all 2.4 GHz Wifi network names will appear. Scroll through the list and select your Wifi network, tap
- Here you will enter your Wifi password.
- Press the A button, or tap on A on the touch screen, to select uppercase, lowercase, number, or symbol.
- Use the dial to rotate through the letters, numbers, or symbols. You can use the touch screen as well.
- Press the C button or tap on C on the touch screen to enter that character. *Do not press the C button or tap on C on the touch screen for your last character of your password.
- If you need to edit your character selections, press the D button to go back to an earlier entry to edit your selection. Then use the B button, or tap B on the touch screen, to delete that character entry.
- When finished entering your Wifi password tap on to connect to your Wifi network.
- Once connected press the Back/Home button to return to the Zone Control Display
- From the Zone Control Display swipe top to bottom.
- Then tap on . The Raven will then search the cloud to see if any updates are available.
- If there is an update available it will say Downloading Now, or tell you if you are up to date.
- When done downloading, it will ask to "Update Now?", tap on to proceed.
- The majority of the updates will take less than the stated 8min.
- During the updates you might see several progress bars that look like this.
- Once completed, the Raven will return to the Zone Control Display.
*Your Raven must have at least 25% battery to update firmware